Photos from the Lexington Herald-Leader archives updated daily

Florence Crittenton Home, 1947

Posted on November 17, 2014 | in Uncategorized | by
A 1947 view of the Thomas Grant house at 519 West Fourth Street in Lexington was built in 1823. It first  became a home for unwed girls about to become mothers in 1894.  Originally known as the Lexington House of Mercy, in 1921 it became  affiliated with a national organization called the Florence Crittenton Home.   Published in the Lexington Leader October 25, 1947. Photo by Ralph Looney | Staff

A 1947 view of the Thomas Grant house at 519 West Fourth Street in Lexington. The house was built in 1823. In 1894, it became a home for unwed girls about to become mothers. Originally known as the Lexington House of Mercy, in 1921 it became affiliated with a national organization called the Florence Crittenton Home. Published in the Lexington Leader on Oct. 25, 1947.   Photo by Ralph Looney | Staff

TAGS: , , , ,

Photo reprints


See a photo that you would like to have a reprint of? All photos that appear in this blog can be purchased from
MyCapture .

TITLE

 Follow us on Twitter
@KYPhotoArchive

TITLE