Photos from the Lexington Herald-Leader archives updated daily

Downtown Wheelwright, 1979

Posted on April 18, 2015 | in Uncategorized | by
Downtown Wheelwright, located in Floyd County, Aug. 7, 1979. At the time of this photo, a little over 800 people lived in the Eastern Kentucky town. Today it is about the same. The town was founded by the Elk Horn Coal Company in 1916 and was named for the company's president at that time, Jere H. Wheelwright. The building with the Wheelwright Clinic sign has since been torn down. Photo by Byran Lutz

Downtown Wheelwright in Floyd County, Aug. 7, 1979. At the time of this photo, slightly more than 800 people lived in the Eastern Kentucky town. Today it is about the same. The town was founded by the Elk Horn Coal Co. in 1916 and was named for the company’s president at that time, Jere H. Wheelwright. The building with the Wheelwright Clinic sign has since been torn down. Photo by Byran Lutz

TAGS: , ,

Photo reprints


See a photo that you would like to have a reprint of? All photos that appear in this blog can be purchased from
MyCapture .

TITLE

 Follow us on Twitter
@KYPhotoArchive

TITLE