Photos from the Lexington Herald-Leader archives updated daily

Stoll Field adds lighting, 1946

Posted on July 22, 2015 | in Uncategorized | by
One of six 100-foot steel poles erected on Stoll Field for illumination of night football games in September of 1946. The field has been in use since 1880, but the concrete stands were opened in October 1916, and closed following the 1972 season, replaced by Commonwealth Stadium. Published in the Lexington Leader September 16, 1946. Herald-Leader Archive Photo.

One of six 100-foot steel poles erected on Stoll Field for illumination of night football games in September 1946. The field had been in use since 1880. The concrete stands were opened in October 1916 and were closed after the 1972 season, replaced by Commonwealth Stadium. Published in the Lexington Leader on Sept. 16, 1946. Herald-Leader Archive Photo.

TAGS: , ,

Photo reprints


See a photo that you would like to have a reprint of? All photos that appear in this blog can be purchased from
MyCapture .

TITLE

 Follow us on Twitter
@KYPhotoArchive

TITLE