Photos from the Lexington Herald-Leader archives updated daily

Ben Ali Theatre closes, 1964

Posted on July 26, 2015 | in Uncategorized | by
Ben Ali Theater usher Joe Powers, on the ladder, removed titles from the marquee for the last time in September 1964. The Ben Ali Theater, located at 121 East Main Street, was built by Elmendorf Farm owner, James Ben Ali Haggin and opened on September 23, 1913. The building was demolished in 1965 to make way for a parking lot. Published in the Lexington Herald September 9, 1964. Herald-Leader Archive Photo

Ben Ali Theatre usher Joe Powers, on the ladder, removed titles from the marquee for the last time in September 1964. The Ben Ali Theatre, at 121 East Main Street, was built by Elmendorf Farm owner James Ben Ali Haggin, and it opened Sept. 23, 1913. The building was demolished in 1965 to make way for a parking lot. Published in the Lexington Herald on Sept. 9, 1964. Herald-Leader Archive Photo

TAGS: , ,

Photo reprints


See a photo that you would like to have a reprint of? All photos that appear in this blog can be purchased from
MyCapture .

TITLE

 Follow us on Twitter
@KYPhotoArchive

TITLE