Photos from the Lexington Herald-Leader archives updated daily

Nazareth School of Nursing student nurses, 1946

Posted on February 19, 2017 | in Uncategorized | by

Five of the 39 student nurses in the new fall class at the Nazareth School of Nursing at Saint Joseph Hospital and two members of the school staff in September 1946. From left, Sister Joseph Beatrice, staff member and editor of the school paper; Charlotte Wood of Beckley, W. Va.; Alice Keller of Covington; Louise Amato of Lexington; Jean Tabor of Morehead; and Virginia Duffy of Midway, being fitted for a uniform by Sister Robert Ann, director of the school. A total of 115 students were enrolled in the school, which was operated by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in conjunction with St. Joseph’s Hospital. The school, which opened in 1919, was housed in Euphrasia hall and was rated by national and state accrediting agencies as one of the outstanding schools of nursing in the South. Herald-Leader Archive Photo

TAGS: , , ,

Photo reprints


See a photo that you would like to have a reprint of? All photos that appear in this blog can be purchased from
MyCapture .

TITLE

 Follow us on Twitter
@KYPhotoArchive

TITLE