Photos from the Lexington Herald-Leader archives updated daily

Bryan Station High School, 1976

Posted on August 22, 2017 | in Uncategorized | by

Bryan Station High School in Lexington on May 10, 1976. Founded in 1958, it was at 1866 Edgeworth Drive until January 2007, when a new school was dedicated at a site next door. The new $43.9 million school had a 1,800-student capacity on Eastin Road. On Jan. 3, 2007, students started their day at the old building on Edgeworth Drive, then walked to the new building in shifts. By 11:30, all the students were in the new school. The 40,000-square-foot gymnasium was renovated and restored. The football stadium shown in this image was razed and rebuilt. The school buildings shown here just under the baseball field were demolished. That area is now a parking lot. In 1976 the school graduated 450 students. In 2017 it was 472. Click on the image for a closer look. Photo by John C. Wyatt | Staff

TAGS: , , ,

Photo reprints


See a photo that you would like to have a reprint of? All photos that appear in this blog can be purchased from
MyCapture .

TITLE

 Follow us on Twitter
@KYPhotoArchive

TITLE