Photos from the Lexington Herald-Leader archives updated daily

Brooking’s restaurant, 1982

Posted on November 16, 2015 | in Uncategorized | by
Brooking's Restaurant at 504 E. Euclid Avenue, near the intersection of Woodland Avenue on November 7, 1982. G.E. "Ed" Brooking opened the restaurant, near UK's campus, in 1938. It became famous for chili, which Brooking began serving in 1945. Kentucky basketball coach Adolph Rupp called it the best chili in Lexington and was a frequent customer. Brooking died in 1982 and his son Harold ran the restaurant until it served it's last bowl of chili on June 1, 1991. It is now a hooka lounge called Off Tha Hookah. Photo by David Perry | Staff

Brooking’s Restaurant at 504 East Euclid Avenue, near the intersection of Woodland Avenue on November 7, 1982. G.E. “Ed” Brooking opened the restaurant, near UK’s campus, in 1938. It became famous for chili, which Brooking began serving in 1945. Kentucky basketball coach Adolph Rupp called it the best chili in Lexington and was a frequent customer. Brooking died in 1982, and his son Harold ran the restaurant until it served its last bowl of chili on June 1, 1991. It is now a hookah lounge called Off Tha Hookah. Photo by David Perry | Staff

TAGS: , , ,

Photo reprints


See a photo that you would like to have a reprint of? All photos that appear in this blog can be purchased from
MyCapture .

TITLE

 Follow us on Twitter
@KYPhotoArchive

TITLE