Photos from the Lexington Herald-Leader archives updated daily

Construction of UK’s chemistry-physics building, 1961

Posted on February 15, 2016 | in Uncategorized | by
Construction of the University of Kentucky's Chemistry-Physics Building, located at the intersection of Rose Street and Funkhouser Drive, August 1961. The six million dollar building, which was built on the site of the president’s garden and tennis courts, was completed in 1962. It tripled the amount of space the two departments previously had. Just behind, and to right of the constrcution is Kinkead Hall, which was built in 1930 as a dormitory and now contains offices. Herald-Leader Archive Photo

Construction of the University of Kentucky’s chemistry-physics building at Rose Street and Funkhouser Drive, August 1961. The six million dollar building, on the site of the president’s garden and tennis courts, was completed in 1962. It tripled the amount of space the two departments previously had. Just behind and to right of the construction is Kinkead Hall, which was built in 1930 as a dormitory and now contains offices. Herald-Leader Archive Photo

TAGS: , ,

Photo reprints


See a photo that you would like to have a reprint of? All photos that appear in this blog can be purchased from
MyCapture .

TITLE

 Follow us on Twitter
@KYPhotoArchive

TITLE