Photos from the Lexington Herald-Leader archives updated daily

Embry’s Crystal Room, 1966

Posted on February 16, 2016 | in Uncategorized | by
The president of Embry's, William R. Embry Jr. helped a customer decide on a  fur coat in the second floor Crystal Room, which provided seclusion for those wishing to view furs. The photo ran with a story about the grand re-opening of their remoded downtown store, located at 141 East Main Street, in December 1966. Embry's, known as Kentucky's premier fur and fashion boutique first opened in 1904 specializing in hats and the "finest ladies fashions". The business continues today and is now located in the Lansdowne Shoppes. Published in the Lexington Herald-Leader December 4, 1966.

The president of Embry’s, William R. Embry Jr., helped a customer decide on a fur coat in the second floor Crystal Room, which provided seclusion for those wishing to view furs. The photo ran with a story about the grand reopening of Embry’s remodeled downtown store, at 141 East Main Street, in December 1966. Read the story here. Embry’s, known as Kentucky’s premier fur and fashion boutique, opened in 1904, specializing in hats and the “finest ladies fashions.” Today, the business is in the Lansdowne Shoppes. Published in the Lexington Herald-Leader on Dec. 4, 1966. Herald-Leader Archive Photo

TAGS: , , , , , , , ,

Photo reprints


See a photo that you would like to have a reprint of? All photos that appear in this blog can be purchased from
MyCapture .

TITLE

 Follow us on Twitter
@KYPhotoArchive

TITLE